Saturday, September 12, 2009

Knitting Light

I wish I would have thought of this one, but I didn't. Ilotlove did and called it Matt.
I think this design concept is fantastic!

The first thing I thought when Nathan showed me these pictures was : Doesn't the yarn burn with the heat of the light bulb?...the answer is NO. This hanging light is designed with a 12 meter cable, is meant to be moved and played with. It uses an environmentally-friendly energy-saving bulb (Lola will love this one), the light emits no heat thus is safe to hang and integrate into your home.

Although Matt seems to be machine knitted, I don't see why it could not be done by hand and even use thicker yarn for a funkier look. I am not sure I will venture onto making one for my home, but I will definitely keep this idea in mind for a future project. Who said light can't be knitted? Hope it serves you as an inspiration as well.









0 comments:

Post a Comment